03 November 2021
Morrissey Chartered Accountants are currently recruiting for a TRAINEE ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN
Morrissey Chartered Accountants, established in 1997, aim to be your trusted business advisor offering sound expert business advice from partners with experience in both industry and practice. As members of Chartered Accountants Ireland, we operate under a strict code of ethics maintaining the highest standards of integrity, professional independence and confidentiality, ensuring the highest level of service for our clients’. We offer a comprehensive range of Accounting, Taxation and Business Advisory Services across a range of industry sectors to private individuals and companies in Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland. We also specialise in food sector consultancy, government grants, computerised accounting & management information systems & board advisory services. Morrissey Chartered Accountants Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Full training, over a 2 ¾ year training contract, will be provided in accounts preparation, management accounts, payroll, tax returns and general practice administration & marketing, as well as opportunities to assist with management consultancy projects.
After gaining work experience for the first 9 months you will take part in a 2 year Higher Level Apprenticeship programme, starting in September 2022, spending 1 day per week at the local regional college for 30 weeks per academic year. You will also be enrolled as a student member of Accounting Technicians Ireland with potential to progress to the Chartered Accountants Ireland programme, subject to terms and conditions.
- Prepare year end accounts.
- Prepare management accounts.
- General bookkeeping.
- Process monthly payroll including timesheets, payslips, and submissions to HMRC.
- Prepare tax returns.
- Prepare grant claims to Invest NI.
- Assist Partners with management consultancy information, reports and meeting minutes.
- Use of software packages including, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Sage 50, Sage Business Cloud, Payroll Software, CCH.
- Administration duties, such as answering telephones, post, emails, petty cash, and stationery.
- General marketing activities including research for articles, coordinating newsletter, email campaigns, LinkedIn, case studies, appointments, updating website.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures e.g. Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policy.
- Travel to clients may be required.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Maths GCSE Grade B or above
- English GCSE Grade C or above
- Level 3 Qualification/A Levels/Equivalent equating to at least 96 UCAS points.
- Previous experience working within a busy environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Excel
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- 3rd Level Finance related qualification or part qualification.
- Previous experience in a business administration environment.
How to apply:
Think the role of Trainee Accounting Technician is right for you? We would love to hear from you! Please email a CV or contact Michael Morrissey on 028 4461 7130 or at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 3 December 2021.
The position is part funded under the JobStart scheme and therefore certain terms and conditions apply