Consultancy services can only be delivered effectively by industry experienced professionals providing client specific solutions. Our team has over 20 years practical experience starting, growing, running and selling businesses in the food sector.
Food sector consultancy projects are delivered by Michael Morrissey who has over 20 years’ experience working as a director and shareholder with Crossgar Foodservice Ltd, which was sold to Sysco Corporation in 2012 through Pallas Foods. Crossgar Foodservice was an NI and ROI integrated poultry processing, meat wholesale and foodservice warehouse & distribution business, which supplied 2,000 customers with over 3,000 products. Key responsibilities included management and strategic direction of the business; direct management of the foodservice division; and responsibility for finance, administration and IT departments.
Since 2015 Michael has been working as a Chartered Accountant specialising in food sector consultancy with a wide range of assignments including: –
- Interim Manager assignment (supported by Invest NI) working with a Co Down food manufacturer over a 12 month period to develop and implement a strategic growth plan, transfer to new premises, secure Invest NI grant funding and introduce a product costing system;
- Developing and implementing Strategic Plans (supported by Invest NI & Enterprise Ireland) and providing mentoring services to a number of NI, ROI and all-Ireland food manufacturing & distribution businesses;
- Assisting a number of food manufacturing businesses in NI and ROI secure grant assistance from Invest NI, Enterprise Ireland, Inter Trade Ireland and other grant awarding bodies;
- Non-Executive Director and Board Advisory Services to a number of NI and ROI based food producers, including chairing monthly & quarterly board meetings;
- Tendering provision of banking services including a mix of short term and long term lending;
- Introduction of the Balanced Scorecard as part of Strategic Plan implementation projects, including strategic maps, objectives, prioritised action plans, KPI’s, initiatives and traffic light scorecards;
- Development and implementation of Senior Team Performance Incentive Plans;
- Preparation and roll out of budgetary and profit & loss control processes within a number of businesses;
- Assisting companies with recruitment of key senior management appointments.
Want help to grow your business, or resolve food sector issues, give Michael a call?
News and articles
Newsletter Sign up
Keep up date to with latest industry news, tips and articles from Morrissey Chartered Accountants.